Guide for Effective Science Centers
⭐ Teacher's Guide to Effective Science Centers
- I'm sharing my best tips for setting up and maintaining your science centers. You can have the most wonderful centers but if your systems are not set up in a way that they get used routinely, they won't get used very often.
- Here's an overview of what we'll talk about:
- Prep work
- Setting up your space
- Training students
- Being Intentional
Tools to Keep You & Students Organized
⭐ Lab Supply Labels:
- Fully editable labels for all of your science lab supplies. You'll never have to dig around in an unorganized supply closet again. Whew!
⭐ Supply Donation Letter:
- You need tons of materials that often aren't provided by the campus (foil, craft sticks, different sized balls). Use this editable letter to ask for donations from parents.
⭐ Science Notebook Covers & Dividers:
- Set students up for success with topic dividers. They will be able to find information quickly. Includes dividers with and without TEKS.
Free Resources for Back-to-School
⭐ Science Safety Unit and Quiz
- Students will read a nonfiction text and answer comprehension questions
- Includes a concept sort and an short assessment as well
⭐ Student Safety Contract
- Classroom safety is everyone's responsibility. This one page contract outlines safe behaviors required for upper elementary science classrooms.
⭐ Student Lab Report Template
- Use this worksheet template all year long with your students. It is designed to help students develop an understanding of the scientific process.